Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Party Invites

When Erica described to me what she wanted her party invitations to look like I knew I wasn't getting off easy!  So we spent an evening making them together.  Not only did they turn out great but she said, "I love scrapbooking with you, Mommy!  It's so much fun!"  That melted my heart!  Another award winning comment was, "It's going to be so fun to hand these out.  Everyone will probably say, "Did you make these yourself?  They're so good!"  I love that she values handmade items!

It was amazing how much of the invites she helped with.  I cut and scored the envelopes, and then she cut out the notches.  She stamped the images, and I punched them out.  She ink distressed all the edges of the patterned squares and white circles.  She liked that part a lot, but her favourite part was colouring the presents and then using the blender pen!  
Paper and Ink Colours Used: 
Barn Red, Autumn Terracotta and Sweet Leaf
(Stamp and patterned paper were not CTMH products)